About Me, Dan Dalton
I’m a divorce mediator and attorney. Since 1982, I’ve helped hundreds of people through divorce. I’ve written articles on Massachusetts family and divorce law, and I have taught these courses at the college level.
As an Assistant Counsel for the Massachusetts Department of Social Services (now the Department of Children & Families), I practiced juvenile, child abuse, and adoption law.
I regularly participate in continuing education to keep up on Massachusetts divorce law and mediation. I have served as a court-appointed investigator in divorce cases, and have been a speaker at the Massachusetts Bar Association’s annual conference.
My wife, Elaine, and I have two children and three flawless grandchildren.
My professional and community activities have included:
- Qualified Mediator Under Mass. Supreme Judicial Court’s Uniform Rules on Dispute Resolution
- Mass. Council on Family Mediation
- Mass. Bar Association, Sections of Family Law, Dispute Resolution
- American Bar Association, Section of Family Law
- Adjunct faculty, family and business law
- Trustee, Pollard Memorial Library, Lowell
- Editor, Law Practice Management Section, Mass. Bar Association
- Court-appointed conciliator in divorce cases